Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Father's Day.

It's a bittersweet day.  I miss my dad like crazy.  Usually, on Father's Day, Hubby takes my dad golfing and then we all BBQ together.  Sigh.  I still can't believe he is gone.


We still wanted to celebrate Hubby, who is a fantastic dad and granddad!
photo taken when we visited Will and family in April

We have always talked about hiking this huge waterfall.  We've never hiked all the way to the top so today was the day!

We didn't let a little (lot) of rain stop us. (We decided to eat our picnic in the car.)


I thought some of the little kids might have a hard time making it up, but let's just say they were not at the end of the line (it was the old farts!). 



It was so beautiful!  It is just a small stream that feeds that huge waterfall.  Magnificent! 

 




And afterwards we went for ice cream--in honor of my dad and Joe--two huge ice cream lovers! 

1 comment:

Sidny said...

Sorry for the loss of your dad, and how bittersweet your day must have been!

Glad you were able to turn it around and still make a good day for your husband and the kids. That hike looks beautiful!