Saturday, June 21, 2014

Great Books For Adults

I know, it seems like all I want to talk about these days is books.

Did I ever mention I love to read?

My granddaughter loves books too--and I love sending them to her!
 
Reading books has become nearly non-existent in my current season of life.  What is awesome is that I can still listen to books a lot.  I spend a fair amount of time driving for my job, so I just keep a recorded book in the jockey-box and I'm good to go! 

I have "read" several books recently that I LOVED!  Several were extra good because they were read by a great narrator. 

The Husband's Secret
Water for Elephants
The Orphan Train--By Christina Kline
The Lovely Bones
Half-Broke Horses
The Language of Flowers
Killing Kennedy
The Whole-Brained Child
Quiet

I am now diving into Goodreads "50 Books to Read Before You Die" List.   I am currently struggling through Pride and Prejudice.  Not loving it--just seems like a gossiping, emotional, soap-opera right now.  Maybe I'm just not smart enough.  Please tell me it gets better!   

What have you read lately that you loved?

3 comments:

thecurryseven said...

I read P&P this past spring and actually loved it. I think it does get better as you get into it. I found it interesting to compare and contrast all the different marriages that you see in it. Though, frankly, I needed a little bit more explanation of motivation to really explain Darcy's behavior when you first meet him.

Have you read A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth? It's one of my favorites. Remember when we had our one and only book group by phone?

e

Sally R said...

The Kitchen House and I am loving The Invention of Wings right now!

Anonymous said...

Read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and although sleeping o w going at first I did end up loving it. I loved Orphan Train. The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet was a fantastic read.