Friday, June 6, 2014

Repairing Clothing Beats Being Naked

I try to save money by buying only the bare essentials for summer clothing. (I am happy to report that we have not yet gone so bare that we are participating in the Naked Bike Race!)  I don't like to mend, but it's an essential part of clothing the brood. 

Paul had a pair of shorts that got ripped right in the middle of the fabric.  It's easy to take a piece of similar knit and patch; doing a tight, narrow, zig-zag machine stitch--back-and-forth all over the patch.  It doesn't look new, but it makes the shorts functional, and usually that's all we need in the summer! 





Sidenote: that red pin cushion was my grandmother's.  It always makes me smile. 

Side, sidenote: my grandmother would not believe there is a real Naked Bike Race--but there really is!  Crazy, huh?  Sounds cold and uncomfortable!  Hmmm.  Guess I better get back to that pile of mending!

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I'm impressed because I can't sew! And, I do bet you love using that pin cushion!