Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thankfulness Brings Joy

When life gets overwhelming it is so easy to lose our joy.  And what's interesting is, at least for me, I can't always see it dissipating.  And then one day--BAM--it hits me like a ton of bricks!  
 
And once it's gone it seems so elusive to get back.  What I've found this time around (or perhaps once again) is that thankfulness brings joy.
 
I'm re-reading Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.  I blogged about it long ago and it's just what I needed.  Not only does it help keep my worries at bay, it helps me find the joy in each and every day; each and every moment.  I look around and praise God for all the small delights in life. 
 
 
 
I am reminded to keep smiling--and keep trusting God.  I am reminded to truly keep thanksgiving in my heart, which seems especially meaningful this week.
 
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
                                                  Thessalonians 5:18
 

1 comment:

kathy said...

I need to read that book! It will now go on my Christmas list!