Thursday, June 11, 2015

Senior Pics and Poetry

 
Back in the day I had a lot more brain cells.  And a lot more creativity.  When James graduated I decided it would be really cool to write him a poem commemorating the occasion.  I labored over it in the same way I labored with him--exceedingly long, yet filled with expectant joy. 
 
And so, of course, when Joe graduated, I had to keep the tradition and write him a poem.  After all, he was a middle child most of his life, so the least I could do was tap out a poem.  It was one of my favorites.
 
But now I'm at graduating-child-number-5. 
 
I am fading peoples. 
 
And please do NOT remind me that I have 5 more to go.  Because that means I have 5 more poems to go. 
 
I might just see if I can talk the rest of my children into dropping out. 
 
I'm not quite sure why I started that poem tradition.  I am not a poet.  I do not write poetry.  Nor did I ever yearn to be poetic or even speak in prose.  One can only suppose. 
 
You might note that I did not write a college graduation poem for Lizzy.  Nope.  Not enough mojo. 
 
But alas, in following tradition, I dug deep to create loving words for my sweet Kimmie Lou!   
 
God's Grace
Buttery Dew
And Sun Drenched Soul,
Indigo Dreams
And Moonbeams,
Peace
Love
Light
Lark
Whispering, Snuggling, Giggling, Fluttering,
Swirling, Whirling, Twirling,
Faith
Hope
Hark
Soaring Wings
And Beating Heart,
Joy
 
And now for something much more amazing  . . .  drumroll please!  Senior pics taken by a sweet friend who has played an amazing role in Kim's life.  LOVE!  Thank you April!  Photo credits April Yarger Photography
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love you Kim!  Congratulations!

1 comment:

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

Just now seeing this! Thanks so much. That was such a fun weekend. Thanks for the photo credit too. :)