Tuesday, October 27, 2015

5AM Thoughts On Our Upcoming Trip To China

This is a busy week as we prepare for our trip to China.
 
 
Random thoughts at 5am.
  • I am excited
  • My girls are excited
  • We have been lifting many prayers and appreciate yours
  • It's going to be cold
  • I love China
  • Yes, I'm worried I will become emotionally attached to the kids and fall in love
  • It would be tragic if that didn't happen because I want to live my life fully--it is better to have loved and lost--in the end my prayer is to find families for kids
  • No, I don't plan for that family to be ours.  But sometimes God laughs at our plans so I never say never.  Yes that statement strikes fear in my husband's heart and he might hide my passport if he reads this
  • I need to pack
  • I am bummed that we won't have individual TV screens on our plane to China.  12 hours is a long time
  • But that will give me a reason to haul along my Social Work ASWB Masters Exam Guide (which guarantees study success for those taking the exam for licensure)
  • Yes, I was told to take the exam right after graduation so I wouldn't forget everything
  • No, I didn't.  Life has been just a wee bit busy.  Hopefully my brain still works
  • I have a lot of work to finish this week both at work and home
  • I will miss my other kids
  • Our visas have arrived (it's always such a scary feeling mailing off passports)
  • I am praying that we can make the week really special for the kids--that they will feel love and safety and hope--that we can find families for them when we return (the children do not know our mission and hope of adoption--from their perspective this is a chance to "go to camp," have fun, and soak up attention)
  • We will have 2 children we will be primarily loving on--an 8-year-old boy and a 7-year-old girl
  • Prayers appreciated so very much

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all, and have a blessed time.


Erika