Saturday, October 10, 2015

The Gift Of Fear

I recently read a book that ties into my last post. It's a book that was recommended during a work training I attended on self-protection: The Gift of Fear and Other Survival Signals that Protect Us From Violence, by Gavin De Becker.  
 
 
It's a book that everyone should read, especially women. It teaches about the importance of listening to our instincts, especially in potentially violent situations. The author explains the mindset of the criminal while discussing domestic violence, stalkers, violence in the work place, signs for "stranger danger," and so much more. He shares what to do/say and what not to. I found it fascinating that the answer is not always what I would have expected. At the same time the author warns against unwarranted fear.  And it's not dry reading, which you might expect, although there are some traumatic case studies. 

Definitely worth the read!
 
 

As with all my book recommendations, I do not receive any benefit from the author, but if this book saves your life you can send me an abundant amount of chocolate and coffee. 

No comments: