Sunday, January 10, 2016

Waterproof Mascara

Waterproof mascara.  It's on my shopping list.  Because I'm gonna need a lot of it these next three weeks.  Much wedding craziness in our midst--and in that, sadness that our little girl is growing up so fast! 
 
Kim has always seemed so little.  So young and innocent.  I thought she would live at home for at least a couple more years--and now she is almost married!  Sob!  I will just start those wedding tears now!
 
I know that Kim is wise beyond her years, happy, resilient, and a wonderful listener with thought-provoking advice.  She is great with kids--she is going to make a fantastic mother. And she's in love.  I think she is ready to be all grown up. 
 
I just don't think I'm ready.
 
But ready or not . . . here we go!  The wedding is in full gear!  I am happy to report that it just might be possible to plan a wedding in less than six weeks.  We've checked a lot of boxes and laugh at books that say things need to be planned a year out (though books are helpful in learning what to do, when, why, where, how and who). 
 
Kim and I went to breakfast to discuss all of the above.  I've been to many stores, and websites, and borrowed many items.  My daughter-in-love is helping tremendously from afar!  Cookie is our unofficial wedding planner!  It's all coming together.
 
 
I can't give away too much but I will share that her colors are red, white, and black.  Red has always been Kim's favorite color.  Red roses and white lilies.  Beautiful.  Bridesmaids in knee-length black dresses with patent leather red shoes.  Pop! Granddaughter is the flower girl.  Need even more waterproof mascara!  Love! 
 
 
I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot.  After all, I forgot to include the TIME on the invites.  But never fear!  An insert glued onto the back fixed that!  We have the church, minister, photographers, wedding party, flowers, and guest list all figured out.  Food is coming along.  It's a small-ish wedding that seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.  Kim and K have a rather large fan club! 
 
Stay tuned for more wedding craziness.  Less than three weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a special day is the light at the end of the tunnels after the next 3 weeks of a wild ride!! Looking forward to pictures minus the running mascara raccoon eyes!

susan said...

Your children are so blessed to have you for their Mom. Happy tear shedding!