Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

"A child born to another woman calls me Mommy.  The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege are not lost on me."    ~ Jody Landers

That profound quote hits hardest today.  I always think of my children's birth mothers on this blessed day--for their sacrifice and love.  I am truly so privileged to be a mom--to all my children.  Being a mother has been my utmost dream since I was tiny.

I had a day filled with all the things I love--children, flowers, chocolate, coffee, and phone calls from kids who live far away.  Our lives are changing so quickly--only the youngest four were home today as all the olders live away or had to work.  We drove to Mount St. Helen's--our first time ever!  We LOVED the beauty, wonder of renewal, educational value of the visitor center, and the walk down memory lane.  It was cloudy, but at one point I prayed the clouds would clear and right after that we caught a glimpse of the top.  God's beauty and wonder!  Truly beauty from ashes.






To all women who love, protect, care for, and mother children--HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!


No comments: