Monday, May 9, 2016

Simple Pleasures

We recently went to dinner at the home of dear friends.  There's not a lot of people brave enough to invite our whole family, so I always offer to bring food!  As it turned out, only part of our family was able to go, but we still went potluck style to make it simple-easy.  I brought store-bought chicken and rolls, and my friend made roasted carrots, potatoes, and a delicious dessert.

The best part of the whole evening was making music together.  Now, I am not a musician, but it's a love for our friends and for many of my kids.  At one point we had everyone singing, along with people on the drums, guitar, ukulele, and an Appalachian dulcimer.  Oh, and I did the shakers because of my amazing musical talent.

As I looked around at everyone laughing and singing together it felt reminiscent of a scene from Little House on the Prairie.  





My kids said it was one of their best nights ever!

I want to have more simple pleasures in my life.  More nights just hanging out with friends, laughing, sharing, and enjoying life together.

No comments: