Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Perfect Tri-fecta For Busy Weeks

I have quite the backlog of posts.  And they are all written!

Unfortunately they are only written in my mind!  Yes, that IS a scary thought because my mind doesn't always keep things where they belong.  Just ask my kids.  BUT I'm going to do a major catch-up in May--let's see how many days in a row I can post!

It's gonna be yet another busy week here with several appointments and a fancy smancy out-of-town dinner.  It's the perfect week for my TRI-FECTA!


Dinner #1--Go to Costco and buy 2 ready-made roasted chickens (these are the best deal on the planet!), along with a big bag of rolls and the veggie platter.  Serve: Open 1 chicken, open the veggie platter, open the bag of rolls.  Eat.  Rest after all that hard work.  Save leftovers (you need leftovers so buy more if you need more to serve your family).  It doesn't get easier than this!

Dinner #2--Stirfry the leftover veggies, add some of the leftover chicken (keeping enough for dinner #3).  Make rice.  Open a can of pineapple.  Serve.  Easy Peesy!!!

Dinner #3--Make chicken pot pie with the remainder of the chicken.  I use frozen veggies and Pillsbury pie crust.  Serve with the leftover rolls from day one.  DONE!

Kim has been learning the art of Auntie Amber's Chicken Pot Pie!  

Dinner #4--I know.  I called it a TRI-fecta, but if you really want to go for the gold, cook the chicken carcasses in a big pot of water, make chicken broth (watch You-tube video if you've never done this--it's super easy).  After removing bones pick off the bits of meat.  Take the saved broth (I add bouillon), add cut-up carrots, celery, and the chicken bits, cook til tender.  About 20 minutes before serving add Reames frozen egg noodles, add to soup and enjoy!  A little more work just to make the broth--but still a rather quick meal.

There you go!  Yes, you can thank me for solving your "What's for dinner?" question this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I needed some good fast ideas!