Friday, August 19, 2016

Three Minutes Late For Band Camp

Unlike most of the world, my kids haven't started school yet.  Believe it or not, this year I'm looking forward to getting back on schedule.  Somehow, at the beginning of summer, I thought we were going to RELAX all summer.

Hmmmm.  Not so much.

We've had a great summer, but it's been a SUPER BUSY summer.  And the only relaxing seems to be in terms of kids "forgetting" to do their chores and our whole family forgetting how to keep things organized, prioritized, and streamlined.

I'm not even sure I know what those words mean anymore.

This week has been especially busy with tons of appointments, swimming lessons, camps, and work.
As  a positive, Lan Lan got her driver's permit.  Watch out world and pray for us all!




But this week I also realized that life was over-the-top when I was rushing my butt off, going from one thing to another, trying to fit too much in, and I made Patrick three minutes late for his first day of high school band camp.

Happier times.  
Unlike the day his mother made him late to Band Camp.

Now this may not seem like a tragedy to some people.  But you don't know my Patrick.  He was texting me in a panic two hours before camp with me replying things like, "no worries," and "Chill, I'll be home."

I wasn't.  And he was understandably upset.  I'm a loser mom.

I feel discombobulated and disorganized.  I'm now reading The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business.  And time to re-read some of my previous posts.  I'm so out-of-sorts it will be like reading from a stranger--

 going way back to when my kids were so small, and designating days of the week and  more here.  And then reminding myself about setting goals and prioritizing, and procrastination, paperwork, and medical/dental organization.

No comments: