Saturday, November 12, 2016

One Is Silver And The Other Is Gold

The election.  Oh me, oh my.  I don't usually comment on politics, but the anger that is dividing friends, families, and communities is breaking my heart!  It's making Facebook into Hatebook and friends into enemies.  I pray we can remember to hold onto love for each other during this challenging time.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."  

--1 Corinthians 13:13

It seems like a good night to talk about friends.  I have been so blessed to have amazing friends, people who put up with me going into radio silence mode when life gets crazy.  People who send me texts and drop off coffee when they know life is nose diving.  People who pray and laugh and celebrate with me and my family.  To each and every one of you, thank you.  I love you.  I wish I had a bunch of photos to share, but for now I just have a few from the summer months of special days together.  And when I'm with a friend, my kids often spend time together with their kids.











The large group photo is a reunion of our playgroup.  For many years we met for friendship and bible study and our little toddlers are all growing up.  Sigh.  Good times.  Sometimes I think that as my family has grown larger my time with friends has grown smaller.  Something to ponder, along with the idea of seeking out new friends too.  

And while I'm at it, time to add the photos from our adoption campout where friends come together year after year.  It was a rainy and cold week, but the joy and laughter made it warm.
















Hold onto each other dear friends.

"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. 
For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed."


--Khalil Gibran

No comments: