Sunday, January 22, 2017

SNOW! And the Beginning of Birthday Season

Oh my goodness!  All the snow we have had makes me so happy!  Our kids have missed NINE days of school, which is the most ever.  There are many years we don't even get snow, and this year we had over a foot!


So many memories which included a FIVE day game of Poke'mon Monopoly.  I might just be scarred for life!  Five days is too much!


And as you can see, there were plenty of pajama days!


We had midnight runs in the snow to play basketball at the nearby school, igloo building (attempted but not successful--the snow was too powdery), and photo walks.




Patrick and Mei Mei made deliciousness in a soccer-ball-ice-cream-maker--yum!




We read, went to movies (Lion and Sing!--LOVED them both!), and watched Netflix.  I am not a TV person, but I am now spending many hours of my life sucked into the family/foster/adoption drama of The Fosters. 

We also celebrated the start of our birthday season.

Vu is 15!  My little boy is growing up, but he is still the same kid, full of light and love!



Vu's birthday consisted of one of his favorite past-times--eating!  It included breakfast at IHOP and dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (waiting for a large enough table is part of the adventure).




Vu, I am so blessed to be your mom.  You add so much love and happiness to our lives.  You have such deep emotional intelligence, compassion, and a love for music and children.  You have strong faith and you are not afraid to stick up for your own beliefs, while also respecting others.  I love, LOVE you so much!!!

No comments: