Saturday, July 8, 2017

Cookie Monster Loves Cookies! But . . .

Cookie Monster loves cookies, but maybe not cake!


It was KJ's 1st birthday and we had a blast inviting a bunch of friends over for a bar-be-que.

Our gift to KJ is one we can also enjoy--a sandbox for OUR house!  At first he wasn't so sure, but soon he realized this is going to be tons of fun.



Lizzy made the awesome cakes including one for the "cake smash."  Do you all know about cake smashes?  I apparently live under a rock and it wasn't until Sweetpea had her 1st birthday that I was enlightened by my daughter-in-love.

Anyhoo, I don't think KJ thought too much of his.  It didn't start out well:


But then he gained some interest.


In the end, the singing and the sticky fingers were just too much!


Happy Birthday KJ!  I adore watching you grow and change.  I love doing things together, like going for a walk with Great Grandmother and hearing you say the word "stick" for the first time.



We are thankful to have you in our lives and we love you so much!!!




Happy 1st Birthday!

No comments: