Tuesday, July 4, 2017

I Might Just Sleep All Of July

This was me by the end of June:


Yes, it required a 911 call to my therapist!  Work has been incredibly busy and emotionally exhausting this year, and the end of school always saps the last of any, anything.  But there was lots and lots of good stuff too.

Paul had his senior project, which didn't turn out like he hoped, but hey, it's DONE!  I chaperoned the all-night grad party--feeling 18 again because I stayed up all night long! Bam!  We also had a fun grad party at home with lots of awesome people.  Paul, you are very loved!













The kids each wanted their photo with Paul.

There were more end-of-the-year projects, including a speech on this bad-boy, Hideki Tojo.  Mei Mei was thrilled to get a grade of "exceeds."  


And Vu made a scaled diagram of the planets.  Wow!  I never knew space was so HUGE!  I could not get a smile from Vu.  His face reflects his feelings about a big project the last week of school.  He is ready for summer and was one happy camper at 8th grade graduation.  Vu received the "Spark Plug Award" for his ability to "spark up a room, basketball court, or fieldtrip, with his natural charm, good nature, and insight."  Perfect.



Patrick had one final parade downtown.  See him?  Right on the end?  No worries, I didn't see him either!  He also received his letter for marching band and won an award.  It's very unusual for a freshman to receive an award.  I almost DIED when I found out what it was for--BIGGEST FLIRT! Lord help me me find an all boys school ASAP!  



I have been helping Patrick work at a concession stand to earn money for next year's band trip to Hawaii.  I may just have to tag along so I can monitor the flirting!  On a positive note, I now have my mandatory liquor license to serve beer at the games -- good in case I decide to change careers--or need to serve myself!


Mei Mei was absolutely thrilled to finally participate in the 6th grade luau and "clap out."  She's watched lots of older siblings and now it was her turn.  A great ending to elementary school.  We started this gig 29 years ago, now no more littles.  Sob.  And cheer.






A now for something that will make you laugh your butt off.  I encourage my kids to write a thank you note to their teachers.  I'm not quite sure this teacher will feel the love; I have left off names to protect the innocent.


Now it's summer.  SUMMER!!!  SUMMER!!! 

I'm happy to report I look a little different now that summer is here.


Celebrate!


No comments: