Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sweet 16

It's been a wonky last few days with some issues requiring me to take Prednisone.  More on that later. The good news is I have lots of time to read and blog, because I can't sleep a wink when I take that terrible miraculous drug.  I am quite sure I will never grow up to be a meth user.  I like my sleep too much!

So here I am.  Awake at 3 am.  Why not celebrate birthdays? Lan Lan had a special Sweet 16!







She helped pay for her ticket to go to Arizona to see a very special friend.  Lan Lan and G were friends in China and danced together in an emotional adoption video when they were nine, waiting for families. Lan Lan is in the white pinafore and G. just to the left.


Their lives have changed in so many ways, but they remain close friends.  Lan Lan definitely has wanderlust and I see MANY travels in her future!  She had so much fun!








Lan Lan is a combination of spicy energy, compassion, creativity, intelligence, and humor.  She has a loving heart and desire to make a difference in the world. 

Lan Lan, I am so thankful and blessed to be your mom, you make the world bigger and brighter!  May this be a magical year!  Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Shecki Grtlyblesd said...

She's beautiful. How awesome that she's able to keep in touch with friends from China! :)