Thursday, September 21, 2017

Summer of Love

I was beginning to wonder if I would ever blog again.  I get behind, prioritize other things, and wonder if I'll ever catch up. I actually started to think about retiring my blogging days--it wouldn't be the first time I considered, at the very least, to go private.  And in case you haven't noticed, a definite facelift is needed.  On the blog.  Well, me too.

But you know why I'm back?  Because my blog also serves as our family photo album and each year I make it into a book.  Family photos help build attachment.  And it is hugely healing for ALL our kids to see that the good times outnumber the bad.  I want my kids to remember the laughs, vacations, funny quotes, and chronicles of life.  I want them to remember that even in the depths of despair, hope and healing and joy DOES come again.

So, I'm here.  I missed you all.  All five of you that are left, my true readers.  I am happy to report we had one of the best summers of our lives.  It is one of life's greatest joys to see kids attach and heal, mature and thrive.  We're in a good space right now, and I just revel in these days, because I know life isn't always like this.  I'm soaking it in and remembering our summer.  Family.  Friends. Excitement. Love.  Good times.

First up--Seattle and Canada.  And a VERY important event!

Warning.  Picture heavy.  Lord help anyone with dial-up!










































And then the SUPER exciting event . . . 





                                                She said YES!  Wedding September 2018!


No comments: